Hello weekend! I'm celebrating the first weekend of the new spring season with this fun and flirty pom pom dress from SheInside, ya'll this dress is UNDER $25, and wouldn't the perfect wedding guest dress or Easter dress? I am in love with the pom pom detailing and bell selves and I can absolutely see myself wearing this all spring!
As much as I would love to, I don't get to blog all day long as my main job so I'm at the office from 9-5. I realized I rarely share any office looks - I guess after a week of work I want to dress up in fun looks for y'all! However, I thought I would share a bit of outfit inspiration with some wardrobe staples I've been wearing on repeat at the office!
I've definitely got a case of spring fever, y'all! The weather here lately has been absolutely gorgeous and I've been able to break out some of my new spring finds - like this adorable floral romper! I just love the trendy bell sleeves and pairing it with a pair of over the knee boots and a jacket, if it's too chilly, makes it a great transition piece for those cooler early spring days. Here's to patio weather, longer days, and swimsuit season! Yay, spring!
Happy (almost) Valentine's Day, y'all! This year I decided to throw my first Galentine's Party for my best girl friends so I could ask them to stand by me in my wedding (spoiler - they said yes! Yay!) Rearranging my bar cart with lots of pink V-Day accents and yummy sweets was a definite must for the get together! I had so much fun putting together this shoot and planning a Galentine's that I will definitely have to make it a tradition!
Happy Thursday! This week I'm extra glad it's almost the weekend, it's been a super hectic few weeks for me, between helping family move, running errands, and getting ready for Valentines Day (see my posts on V-Day here, here, and here). I wanted to share this outfit because I've basically been living in some form of it it lately! It's so easy to throw on a cool jacket and a pair of jeans for an easy yet stylish outfit for busy days!
Ya'll, I cannot believe it's already February and Valentine's Day is only a week away! I feel like I was just writing Christmas gift guides and now it's time for another! I've said it a thousand times but I'll say it again, guys are seriously the hardest people to shop for...it's totally not fair at all!
1. New Shirts - Guys aren't big on shopping and I'm assuming since you're reading a fashion blog you are, so why don't you style your boyfriend and grab some new shirts to spruce up his wardrobe for Valentine's Day! I love how this one subtly nods to the holiday with a shade of pink, plus it will be the perfect addition to his closet for the upcoming spring season!
2. Cool Watch - A watch is something my guy would never buy for himself, which is why it would be such a great gift, not to mention a sweet everyday reminder of his lovely fiancee!
3. Bluetooth Speakers - This was actually my gift to Jered for Christmas and he uses it all the time! A portable speaker is a perfect gift for a tech savvy or music loving guy, plus they have surprisingly good sound for such a small gadget.
4. Leather Belt - I'm all about practicality when it comes to gift giving, I definitely want whoever I'm giving a gift to actually use it. A nice leather belt is something a guy will use basically every day and it will last him a while, I love this Brooks Brothers one for a classic style.
5. Sunglasses - Sunglasses are another thing that Jered absolutely will not buy for himself. I don't know how many pairs of those cheap plastic ones with logos on the side he has, but it's way too many. A good pair of Ray-Bans would make a great gift for any guy that wouldn't think about splurging on them himself.
6. & 7. Bottle Opener & Whiskey Stones - I combined these gifts into one because whether your man is a beer guy or a whisky enthusiast, you can never go wrong with some unique bar accessories.
8. iPhone Case - A new smartphone case is always a good gift idea, with the amount phones get beat around during the day I know I'm always in need of a new one. This woodgrain one is the perfect amount of stylish for any guy.
9. Cologne - Ok, so this might actually be more of a gift for me but, whatever. This is my absolute favorite cologne on Jered. I seriously always make sure he doesn't run out of his Brooks Brothers Classic cologne - plus it makes the perfect last minute gift if I'm short on ideas!
10. Valentine's Themed Boxers - This is a little bit of a gag gift that I think is totally hilarious that I've been including in my Valentine's Day gifts for a few years now. It's just funny to know my guy is walking around in heart print boxers for some reason - and it's practical. This may be TMI - but J.Crew apparently has the best boxers :).
It's been a while since I've done a re-cap of what's been happening in my life, something I share a bit more on Instagram rather than in the formality of an outfit post or style guide here on the blog. I love reading what all my favorite bloggers are up to once in a while so I thought I'd share with you guys!
Pop, Fizz, Clink! This New Years was a big one for me! Not only did I turn 25 (I'm halfway through my twenties guys...) but found out about some big changes in 2017!
It seems like Dallas can't decide if it wants to have winter this year or not, and the spring-like days this January have definitely been nice! I've basically been living in some combination of this outfit on weekends, between errands and wedding planning meetings I've been busy and this is the perfect casual yet cute outfit to get everything done!
I think this might be one of my favorite winter outfits! Winter time is so often marked by puffy layers and warm pants and leggings, that incorporating a skirt into your winter wardrobe (and staying warm while doing it) can be a challenge! A cozy sweater, a warm blanket scarf, and a chic pair of OTK boots make showing a little leg, dare I say, comfortable in freezing weather!
Ya'll when I shot this look it was SO windy and cold! Dallas has had a very bi-polar winter, one day it will be 45 and the next it's 75. It's been really hard to keep up! On the days it decides to actually be winter, I cannot get enough of this fun orange coat! What better way to beat the winter blues than with a bold statement piece that keeps you nice and toasty too!
This year, I'm seeing green! I always love seeing what the new color of the year is and this year Pantone decided to go with a bright and fresh shade of green. Incorporating the new COTY into your wardrobe might seem daunting, considering it's a little bolder than last years pastel neutrals but green can be worn as a statement piece or in a more muted shade as a neutral (think olive green). Below, I've curated some of my favorite Greenery pieces to get you through winter and into spring!
Coat || iPhone Case || Bag || Heels || Sunglasses || Earrings || Luggage || Dress || Cold Shoulder Dress || Swimsuit || Jacket (Under $100!)
Every year after the holidays come to an end I find myself wishing for spring in the dead of winter, this year I decided a little retail therapy might help my case! It's hard to wish for warmer temperatures when cozy winter layers are just so darn cute!
Ya'll, I've had such a hard time keeping quite about this for the past week, but now I can spill the beans... I'M ENGAGED! This has been something my boy- I mean, fiancé have been talking about for a while, but he's the type of person that will sit and stare at the order button on Amazon for literal hours before buying something (seriously...) so I didn't have my hopes up for it happening anytime soon. Boy, did he surprise me!
Funnel neck sweaters are my new favorite trend, they're so warm and cozy and look SO chic at the same time. Since my New Years Eve fun all I've wanted to do was stay in my pajamas and not leave the house - but running errands in this outfit is a close second!
Happy New Year!! I hope everyone had a wonderful and safe New Years Eve. For the first day of 2017 I stayed in my pajamas, but I wanted to share my NYE look with ya'll because it's not every day you get to dress up for a glitzy black tie event!
This year, we decided to go all out and attend Beats and Bubbly hosted by Rhonda Jenkins over at The Skinny Arm. It was an absolute blast and the Perot Museum is one of my favorite buildings in all of Dallas (#ArchitectureNerd).